Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cousino Macul Antiguas Reservas 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon wine reveiw by (PB)


Garnet hue with big blackberry and plum aromas that are overcrowded by green vegetal aromas. Alcohol is way overboard.

Palate--Soft, even plush tannins,on a velvety foundation with bready fruit, subdued dark fruit and a charcoal, woody finish. WOW!

After a really poor start on the nose, this Chilean varietal from the Maipo Valley is nothing like what I was expecting after smelling it. In the mouth, this Cabernet is nearly sensual and seductive with strong Cabernet flavors but an elegant texture.

I found this lone bottle on closeout at a local supermarket for $12. I'm glad I grabbed it. This wine used to be a favorite of mine about 5 years ago. It was always a good value and solid. I just eased away from Chilean wines but this may bring me back. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment