Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ravenswood Vintners Blend Zinfandel 2006 Wine Review (NW)



Tasting notes:

Red berries, licorice, and herbs on the nose

Full bodied but a bit choppy on the palate

More red berries on the finish with some chocolate and spice

For $10, this isn't bottled to be a show stopper. However, it should show as good as other Zinfandels at that price like offerings from Rosenblum, Four Vines, and Bogle- but it doesn't.

Ravenswood has made a lot of good Zinfandel over the years, but pass on this one. Grab a 2007 instead, which likely just hit the shelves near you. And raise a glass of that!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that you didn't find it as good as we always do. I reviewed this one back in January and thought it quite good at the time. While these aren't meant for any serious aging, I would not think that 9 months would make that big a difference but it is possible. Likely more a palate difference than anything.

    My review is at http://www.obrientastings.com/2009/01/2006-ravenswood-vintners-blend.html.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. evilsunfire8:51 PM

    This is a great "Starter" dry red wine. I myself am a starter and I love it. All of my friends think I'm strange, but then again they drink horribly sweet boring wines.
    I really enjoy discovering each flavor, and it fits my budget.

    ReplyDelete