Monday, September 28, 2009

Atalaya Almansa 2007 wine review by (PB)

This Spanish blend is made from Monastrell, Garnacha and Tintorera primarily. It is dark purple/garnet with aromas of big ripe dark fruit--blackberries galore, plum, cigar box, delightful.

Palate--Absolutely elegant tannins, sweet presentation, voluptuous presence with big ripe dark fruit that is mouth filling, bread, minerals and a texture that is simply rich! Wowwwww! It finishes with a hold that makes you want more. (This has all the finger prints of Michel Rolland's consultative style. I shall research it and see if I can find out if I am right!) BING! The senior tasteman of the WCB is right on the money! You can trust the WCB! Yeah BAYBAY!!!

I am having this with a nice grilled steak and it should be wonderful! (It was!)
This a big wine so pair it with big foods. This is so good though, by itself is just fine too.

This was a $13 wine and it is a BARGAIN.

Now all I have to do is remember where I bought it so I can raise a bunch of glasses of this bad boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment