Friday, September 14, 2007

Allegrini Valpolicella 2006 wine review by (PB)


This is a purple garnet wine with aromas of cherries and strawberries which reminds me of a Gamay or Grenache with a touch of soap in the bouquet.

The palate is bitter and stingy on flavor but with some air time it opens up.

There are cherry fruit aromas with licorice and the palate is fruity, simple and quite nice. Well made! I paid $15 for this wine and as the comment notes below; don't rush this wine; give it a good hour to breathe, raise a glass and be refreshed.

1 comment:

  1. And it's a strong value too. I don't know how much it retails where you are but probably in the $15 range, making it a standout.

    The Venetian red wine panel I was on singled it out in the Valpolicella Classico category. It was my personal fave, perhaps because it can reward a little patience as you noticed. Not many in this category do.

    ReplyDelete