Monday, June 20, 2005

Fossi Rosso Vin De Tavola (PB)
This Italian table wine cost $8 and was bought on a whim by my wife. With a reheated meal of manicotti from a restaurant we went to a couple days earlier, we were eager to try this inexpensive red from Italy. On opening the bouquet was expansive but odd. In the glass it was somewhat portish with a definite background of toluene (airplane glue). Something was wrong! Looking at it again it was cloudy in the glass and a tad brown. Being the glutton for punishment that I am I tasted it anyway. AWK! This wine is corked, flawed, or bad in some other way. I will contact my wine guy and check out his protocol for procuring a “bad” wine.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:21 PM

    Fossi Rosso was one of my best finds for a very drinkable CHEAP Italian red. My old wine store in a swanky Brooklyn, NY neighborhood charged only $5.99. I would recommend trying it again. It's from a tiny city, Fiesole, just outside Florence and comes from old vines--the biggest bang for my buck that I've found--though, don't spend $8 on it! :)

    ReplyDelete