Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Kendall-Jackson Cabernet Sauvignon 2000 Vintner’s Collection (PB)

This is a much lighter in hue wine than I would have expected yet there is a rich berry nose with a hint of smoke or “charcoal” as my wife said. In the mouth it is intense with big flavors and a fresh balance even without breathing. Tannins are subtle or mature(?) and there is a very nice undercurrent of something really unique and really nice that reminds me of “candy.” Candy what? I don’t know…
With a little air I smell a layer of chocolate which I always enjoy in my wine though this is more like chocolate covered cherries!

Oddly enough, the tannins actually are more pronounced with breathing, a new experience for me. This California reminds me of one of my favorite value wine from Chile called Cousino Macul Antiguas Reservas. It was a gift so I don’t how much it cost but Wine Spectator posts it as a $16 wine. A very nice new world wine. Raise a gladss!

No comments:

Post a Comment