Friday, August 10, 2012

Chateau Machorre 2005 wine review by (PB)


Black cherry hue with presence;

Bouquet--Loads of minty eucalyptus on a subdued spicy dark berry fruit frame.

Palate--A hint of frontal cocoa but quickly fleeting leaving a pure beam of old world black cherry fruit in this Bordeaux Superior from the fabled vintage of 05. Decent finish that hangs on a bit.

This previously reviewed wine impressed me so I bought 3 more bottles to lay down and see how it progresses. (See my previous reviews) You'll see I talk about cedar which emulates both mint and eucalyptus which is why I sometimes use all three to describe the same basic smell or taste. This time around it is clearly the latter and you'll notice the disappearance of any reference to chunky or rough tannins. I review this without reference to previous reviews so while its only been about 5 months since the last review, the tannins have subdued (ie., matured). This is a really nice example of Bordeaux at this price point--$9--and is a value! Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment