Sunday, August 19, 2012

Latour Marsannay Rouge 2009 wine review by (PB)

Light ruby hue with the lightest touch of spicy cinnamon, a hint of chocolate and strawberry fruit.

Palate--slightly tart with tight strawberry with a raspberry note but everything is pretty well balanced so it works.

This Beaune (Burgundy)wine is made from what else--Pinot Noir. It is a light version of the grape being more subtle and a bit more acidic than domestic Pinots. I will pair it with veal scallopini in a port Dijon reduction sauce with home grown sweet corn.

I paid $20 for this bottle out of state which is at the top of the range for this wine but I'm glad I grabbed it. French Pinot, at least this one, isn't as fruit forward as our domestic Pinots. Still, it makes me realize just how good our domestic Pinot's have become! Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment