Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Santa Cristina Sangiovese 2009 wine review by (PB)


Black cherry hue with a little bottle stink on opening, earthy cherry opening to candy apple aromas.

Palate--Bright and medium in body and a little quick but needs air. It opens well with pure Sangiovese bouquet with pure cherry and well made; a very good food wine.

This was a blind grab so to speak knowing nothing about it except whose name was on the label. "Antinori" one of the major families of Tuscan wines for ages who makes great wines. This is a blend with 5% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Merlot. I paid $9 for this and it will be contender for my top ten of 2011 so raise a glass!

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM permalink, Blogger LauraResnick said...

Enjoyed this very much. Received as a gift from a friend. Not normally a red drinker, but the blend must have made it easier on my palate. It is definitely one that I will purchase myself. Very nice wine

 
At 5:36 PM permalink, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought a bottle of 2009 Santa Cristina Sangiovese Toscana (Antonori). The wine had a medicinal taste and we did not finish the bottle. Anybody can have a bad bottle so I will see what response I get from my email to Santa Cristina.

 
At 5:58 PM permalink, Blogger PB said...

I just had a bottle of a majorly corked wine from a very reliable producer. It happens. Any respectsble retailer will receive a bad wine back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home