Sunday, October 24, 2010

Peachy Canyon Incredible Red Paso Robles Zinfandel 2007 Wine Review (NW)




Tasting notes:

Aromas of red licorice and spicy cherry on the nose

Full bodied on the palate, but flat

Short finish with candied red cherry and some herb and pepper notes

Summary:

Here's a wine that's new to me. Unfortunately, it's a little flat and the fruit flavors are too candied. I was hoping it would be a nice value-priced Zinfandel when I spotted it for $7. This was a special price, marked down from $13. Regardless, take a pass. There's just too much good Zinfandel to choose from. Raise a glass to trying new wines!

3 Comments:

At 4:27 PM permalink, Blogger PB said...

Had the same experience with another of a different vintage. Now I just pass on them regardless. Not necessarily fair, but first impressions are important. Raise a glass!

 
At 4:48 PM permalink, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't like it. My girlfriend & I must not have good taste in Zinfandels because we enjoyed it a lot. In fact I just picked up a case (which is rare for me).

 
At 5:50 PM permalink, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been enjoying Zin's for only a few months and found this one particularly inviting. Unlike the other posts I enjoyed the light jammy, mid-range tannins and subtle finish. No 'alcoholy' bit or aroma. For a high alcohol content wine, and for this price, I was pleasantly pleased. But I do "agree, "raise a glass to a new wine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home