Saturday, July 10, 2010

Buena Vista Carneros "Ramal Vineyard" Pinot Noir 2006 wine review by (PB)


Nice Pinot hue of sparkling easy cherry brightness. Room rising bright sweet fruit aromas with a nice forward raspberry touch with loads of strawberry and background hint of black pepper. Very nice!

Palate--Major strawberry fruit with nuanced chocolate ganache and even a slight cream texture. It finishes with a touch of smoke.

For our anniversary we went to a local up scale restaraunt which does not have a liquor license but encourages you to bring your own. Now that's a sweet deal! This wine, which I brought back to Maine on a trip to Los Angeles coast me $30. It would be anywhere 2-3 times that in a restaurant so the meal was a relative bargain. Knowing ahead of time I was going to have hanger steak and my bride, Quail in a creamy tarragon sauce, I wanted a wine we both would enjoy. The Pinot Noir was hefty enough to work with my steak and gentle enough to work with the Quail. Raise a glass to Pinot Noir.

No comments:

Post a Comment