Friday, April 27, 2007

Wine Spectator Admonishes (PB) by (PB)

One of my life's credo's is, "If you're going to screw up, screw up BIG!" I posted a review of the 1997 Chateau Haut Brion (Scroll down to read the original) and took exception to the Wine Spectator's review and rating of the wine. I don't do this lightly because I am an avid reader/fan/subscriber of the print version and on-line version of the Mag.

But somehow, after I wrote my entry, I was either in a hurry, or just careless, and misrepresented the W/S's rating (they gave it a 90 rather than the "96 or 97" as I stated) and totally missed the part of the review that in fact, said, "...drink through 2004."

I even noted the wine we had was "bricking," a tell-tale sign of an old and possibly, over the hill, wine. Thomas Matthews--Executive Editor of the Wine Spectator, left a comment at my entry correcting me on both counts.

Another of my life's credos is, "If you're going to be admonished, may it be by the best!" Indeed!!! My apologies to the W/S. I will be more careful in the future. Raise a glass.


No comments:

Post a Comment