Friday, April 20, 2007

Louis Martini Cabernet Sauvignon 2001 wine review by (PB)


Sitting home alone while my lover, friend, pal and oenophilic companion is helping with our newest grandchild and I don't want to open anything from my cellar. Don't ask me why but I went out and bought this wine solely on the reputation of the name.

This is their Sonoma County offering a the $14 price point. It is a nice black cherry color with a nice black cherry bouquet with notes of cola and a touch of cedar.

In the mouth this wine is ripe and plummy--a bit cooked even with a rear palate of raisins. This wine is fully mature with a slightly bitter tannin note at the rear palate. the wine is tasty if a little chewy but I can't make up my mind if I like it or not. That almost always means I don't...

For the money, I would rather have a Chilean cab. At any rate, raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment