Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Shannon Ridge Lake County Cabernet Sauvignon 2021

 

Medium garnet hyue with aromas of rich plum and dark berries with savory spice 

Palate--Unremarkable first impression with spicy berries maybe a touch of blueberry, and a berry pie finish.

I paid $12 for this and it is, well as I said, unremarkable. It is what you get for $12 in a Cab so I guess you can't complain but it is tiring. 

I just read a review of this wine from the Wine Enthusiast and I swear, there has to be dumbing down of "wine reviews."  This wine was rated 93 points which is absurd, and the reviewer defies science with 367 nuanced aromas and tastes. Yes I am exaggerating but you catch my drift.  Don't believe it! This is a big reason why I stopped getting the Wine Enthusiast. Caveat Emptor...

No comments:

Post a Comment