Saturday, April 13, 2024

Chateau Ste. Michelle Chardonnay 2021 Columbia Valley

Lovely golden hue with aromas of lemon-lime with gentle nudges of vanilla, not quite ripe pineapple, and a touch of steel.

Palate--Bright, lively acidity with lush stone fruit, slight vanilla nuance and steely finish on a creamy rear palate.

It was a lifetime ago that I visited St. Michelle with my wife as we were living in the Seattle -Tacoma area well before the silicon valley migration. It is a spectacular winery located in a spectacular, scenic topography and perfect for the outdoor sportsman who loved fishing, back-packing and mountain climbing. (My name is in the registry on the summit of Mt. Rainier at "Columbia Crest" the very peak of the 14,410 foot glaciated behemoth.) 

At a bargain price of $10, this is a must buy Chardonnay which I will be pairing tonight with my wife's Kale, white bean and parmesan soup.  Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment