Thursday, February 08, 2024

Lamadrid Single Vineyard Reserva Cabernet Franc 2019


Nice intense, pigmented dark purple hue with aromas of wild berry, fragrant cherry, wood, more wild berry fruit

Palate--Still youthful a bit austere, tightly wound, high acidity, medium tannin structure.

This wine needs to open up so I will return to this and go at it again.  

Single vineyard wines are by definition (sort of) the best quality wine you can buy since all the grapes come from the same source meaning they were all grown and treated and ripened in the same way at the same time. That inherently implies a better quality wine. 

As I ams tasting this I am saying to myself, "This is not a very representative Cabernet Sauvignon."  LOL That might be because it is NOT Cabernet Sauvignon... :) 

There is potential here so I let it open up and see what we get!  

No comments:

Post a Comment