Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Millbrandt Vineyards "Traditions" Chardonnay 2012 wine review by (PB)

Pale gold presentation with ample aromas of vanilla curd and peachy citrus with powdery green apple notes and candied sweetness.

Palate--Mouth filling flavor with racy acidity carrying oaky touched, stone fruit on creme brulee with a smart green apple finish.

This is a really nice Columbia Valley Chard that has a lot going for it. It's lingering fruity finish is tantalizing and almost classy! I will pair this with a fried cod filet and cheesy polenta aka--grits.

I paid somewhere in the $2 price range and it reminds me of Rombauer, one of my favorite chards for about 2 1/2 times the price. So this is a super value wine and Wine Spectator gave it an 89 and "Best Value" rating which I didn't know until after I reviewed it. Need I say, "Raise a glass?"

No comments:

Post a Comment