Thursday, February 06, 2014

Cesari Boscarel (Merlot/Cabernet) 2012 wine review by (PB)

This Cesari blend of 50% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon and 14% Sangiovese from the Veneto region of Italy has a black cherry presentation with a bouquet that is robust and spicy with aromas of sweet cherry, black berry and plum with cigar box hints. There are points where it is nearly floral and powdery with a suggestion of Gamay in its simplicity and joy! Quite nice!

Palate--Finely structured with a super soft foundation that supports big berry flavors, with some gentle spice and a seductive approach that makes you want to drink more. Finish has more red berries.

I saw this heretofore unknown wine to me and since it had the Cesari name on the label I had to grab it. Cesari is one of the monumental Italian wine makers and I was not even aware that he produced a wine in the $10 price range which is what I paid.

I am blown away by the elegance, the solid performance and otherwise delicious production this is. I hope I can find more somehow as this is the kind of wine that would make my top ten for the year. If you see this, BUY it and just revel in what a wine of this price can be. (I am finding it for as low as $6 on line which is insane!)

Raise a glass as will I when I pair it with my Carbonara this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment