Monday, June 14, 2010

Helfrich Gewurztraminer 2007 wine review by (PB)


This is an Alsatian Gewurz which at the price of $12.99 stopped me in my tracks. In my neck of the woods I don't often see anything from Alsace (pronounced--All-Soss) and never see a Gewurztraminer for much below $20. So I hesitantly bought one in case they were dumping these due to a flaw or running out their life span.

Boy was I wrong. Straw presentation with fragrant stone fruit aromas with sweet powder, green apples and spice. Lovely!

palate--Nice minerally front with solid structure that is balanced with fruit galore; apple, peach, pear, and a mix of tropical fruit. Simply gorgeous so I bought more today just so I could raise more glasses!

Drink chilled on your porch doing a crossword puzzle with your wife--NOT, or drink unchilled with spicy Asian food, salty cheese or just all by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment