Friday, April 02, 2010

Brancaia Tre Toscana 2007 Wine Review (NW)

Tasting notes:

Raspberry, black cherry, herbs, and spice on the nose

Finely textured and smooth on the palate

Firm finish of raspberry and cocoa


This wine has received some high aclaim, particularly at its $20 price point. While it's definitely better than the past vintages I've had, it doesn't seem to have the depth and complexity of Brancaia's other super-Tuscans. I will say this: it does have a decent flavor profile and really nice texture. Also, it should cellar well. I'm not buying a case, but I did buy a couple extra bottles to lay down for a while. Raise a glass!

1 comment:

Gary H. O'Brien said...

I recently posted a review of the 2002, and also included a link to the 2004 which we previously had reviewed. That review can be found at ->

I am somewhat surprised that you have not found older vintages to be so good but that is what makes this so much fun :-)