Monday, December 21, 2009

Snap Dragon Chardonnay 2007 Wine review by (PB)


This is a California sourced varietal that is light yellow, with sweet creme brulee notes along side citrus, and dusty fruit.

Palate--butterscotch hints up front with racy acidity, dry dusty citrus and some cream on the finish. My wife grabbed this at Sam's Club because it had a note claiming the Wine Spectator gave it an 87 point rating. She paid $9 but it is now selling for $6.83 at Sam's which is a good price but I honestly don't see the W/S rating of 87 points. (I rarely disagree with their reviews.)

It tastes rather manufactured than genuine, a common trait among inexpensive Chards today but always, the bottom line with any wine at any price, is whether or not YOU like it! I wouldn't buy this wine again but that's my problem. My palate just seems to be fatigued with carbon copy, vanilla laden, "petri dish" Chardonnays. But all things being considered, it would be a great wine to serve a big house full of guests who need to move away from white Zin! So raise a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment