Saturday, December 05, 2009

Conte Di Bregonzo Amarone 2006 wine review by (PB)


This is possibly one of the best ten wines I have ever had at ANY price! Certainly, one of, if not THE very best value wine to date. I bought it at a Trader Joes in Boston where their wine prices are just ridiculously GOOD. I paid $17 and if you know anything about Amarone, it tends to start at twice that.

Black cherry hue with great aromas of brilliant pipe tobacco, big black cherry aromas and seductive fruit nuances.

Palate--Bold, sweet, fudgey fruit with stewed prune hints, elegantly textured, voluptuous tar, bread notes with a finish that is looooong and beautiful. This is the kind of wine you grab by the case. I bought only bottle and of course they were sold out when I went back for more. My loss!
Raise a case to this gorgeous wine. (note--label is for the 03)

No comments:

Post a Comment