Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ballast Sone Currency Creek Petit Verdot 2004 Wine Review (NW)


Tasting notes:

Massive black licorice aromas on nose, with violets and toasty oak

Fleshy and full-bodied on the palate

Mixed berries and licorice on the finish

This is a pretty nice wine and the only varietal-specific Petit Verdot I've seen in a while. It is a product of Australia and it's another example of a Bordeaux blending grape doing well in foreign soils.

I really enjoyed the wine, but the only complaint is that it tastes a little bit too heavily oaked. I'm not in the "I hate oak" camp at all, but this wine brings it on pretty strong. Overall though, for $16, it's a good bottle of wine and I recommend it if you haven't had a Petit Verdot. Raise a glass!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:22 AM

    Is this only available in the US..?

    ReplyDelete