Tuesday, August 08, 2023

VINTJS Redwood Valley (Mendocino Co.) Zinfandel 2021



Cranberry jelly hue with aromas that are a bit unusual with muted fruit and awkward spice at the rim. 

Palate--Again--a bit unusual first impression with strained Zinfandel flavors with uni-dimensional profile that seems like it may be improving with some air. The finish is essentially non-existent.

I don't believe I have ever had this particular Zin (obviously bottled for Trader Joe's exclusively) and it is unimpressive when compared to the numerous other offerings now at the same price point. For the time being I am giving this a big PASS! *If it improves with air, I will update this. It did not improve and in fact became bitter.  Dump down the drain... 

Hmmm...At Trader Joe's today and I am bewildered by the price hikes on many of the wines I generally buy there.  Their Scotto Zin--which I have reviewed many times and is a bargain-- at $8 is now $10. Zins I just paid $10 for there are now $11 and $12.  So instead of buy 6-12 bottles of their zins which is pretty much my norm, I bought 2. 


No comments:

Post a Comment