Thursday, August 03, 2023

Post Card "Love, Oregon" Pinot Noir 2020

A heftier garnet hue than most Pinot Noirs with an interesting and unique aroma of Spruce above the rim in passing, with red raspberry fruit, and a not quite "minty" presence--again unique!

Palate--Very first impression is of seasoning wood. (I just came in from putting a tarp over our 4 cords of wood for the winter) Raspberry and slightly tart structure finishing with a a fleeting reminder of what you just drank.

This is truly an unusual style of Pinot for me.  I "think" I like it but not quite sure.  Perhaps it will change on breathing. I paid $22 for this Willamette Valley Pinot and I'm still uncertain.  I will add to this review when I have it with dinner (stir fry)  and it has had more time to open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment