Monday, September 22, 2014

Beaulieu Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2011 wine review by (PB)

Black Cherry hue with aromas of bold,stinky dark berries and some funky, off aromas of damp basement. There is a slight suggestion of pomegranate and musty cigar box.

Palate--Unique first impression of inky, solid fruit with nice chocolate tinged berry beam mid palate, and a tasty little "something" that again is unique on the finish.

Okay this is certainly a weird example of the grape and especially from the folks at BV. But it's not corked and its not even "bad" it is just unique; I suspect breathing will straighten it out!

After some more time it takes on the traditional aromas you'd expect but this is still a stand out wine. I paid around $15 for it and I'd buy a case if I could; raise a glass while I get my NY strip Steak off the grill!

No comments:

Post a Comment