Thursday, January 02, 2014

Four Vines "Truant" Old Vine Zinfandel 2010 wine review by (PB)

Black Cherry hue with a bouquet of rich blackberry and spice with an ever so subtle note of bacon fat.

Palate--Really extracted, maybe even an over-ripe fruit bomb with tons of rich blackberry jammy goodness and nearly velvety tannins. Finishes with a decent dark berry jam finish.

The Four Vines company makes multiple varieties of Zinfandel. I grabbed this one because I had never seen this particular label and it was only $10.

I am a big Zin fan and I liked this with its big jam foundation and all. It's not for everything but I am pairing this with a grilled venison steak and polenta. The jamminess may not be ideal for the pairing but it doesn't matter when you love what you're drinking and eating. For $10, I will be Truant again! Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment