Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Borgianni Chianti 2007 wine review by (PB)

Bright cherry red hue with nice, sweet Luden's red cherry cough drops from afar. Into the glass is spicy cherry with forest floor and red fruit with ample cedary notes.

Palate--Integrated flavors of spice laden cherry with a rustic mid palate, refined tannins, and a quick finish. Subsequent tastes yield a less impressive tasting experience. (Breathing may improve this which I will update if that is the case.)

This is a classic Chianti with unmistakable terroir. I plan to have it with a "Lou Malnatti's" pizza imported from Chicago by my mother-in-law as a birthday present. Maine isn't actually known for its pizza...

I paid $10 for this marked down from $20 and I grabbed it because of the vintage as 2007 was a great year for Tuscany. At $20 I would have been disappointed; at $10 it's "raise a glass" and happy New Year from the WCB!

No comments:

Post a Comment