Sunday, March 10, 2013

Columbia Crest Grand Estates Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 wine review by (PB)

Bold black cherry hue with a nice Washington State bouquet of chocolate, a hint of black tea, with luscious, dark chocolate covered cherries and slight suggestion of Spruce.

Palate--big chocolatey front with solid blackberry and plum with laid back tannins.

This is just another delicious, straight forward, easy drinking cab from the reliable producers at Columbia Crest. Finishes with a slight touch of smoke and tea.

It is amazing how gentle and supple this wine is already drinking. Better yet, I paid $7.50 for it in New Hampshire which is the price I saw it for on my way back from Los Angeles. If you can find this wine at this price, this is a buy-a-case kind of wine that is drinking great now and will be good for another 5-8 years. So raise a glass as I will when I grill my chicken-fried Moose cube steaks in a few minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment