Saturday, March 23, 2013

*Cantina Zaccagnini Monte Pulciano D'Abruzzo 2009 wine review by (PB)

Nice ruby hue with intensity, and a bouquet that is quite good with some mysterious elements to it. It has a front of wonderful, tart pie cherries with a floral hint and a slight greenness reminding me of daffodils with a here again, there again note of milk chocolate.

Palate--This wine delivers varietal balanced fruit with solid structure and an all around delicious and inexpensive example of the grape and the terroir.

I see this wine for $17 most places but found it at Sam's Club for under $12. Look for the piece of vine affixed to the label! This is a really nice value and I will be getting more so be sure to raise a glass!

*Another vintage of this wine was my wine of the year pick a few years back so I always keep an eye out for subsequent vintages.

No comments:

Post a Comment