Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Seghesio Sonoma County Zinfandel 2007 Wine Review (NW)



Tasting notes:

Incredible raspberry ganache bouquet with blueberry, black cherry, and spice accents

Plush and thickly textured on the palate

Long finish of wild berries, chocolate, cream, and spice

A complete Zinfandel is a special thing. This wine is rich and layered, with interesting aromas and a long finish. It's a terrific wine year after year, and this is probably their best vintage ever, but a Wine Spectator score of 93 points? That's a big number.

Still, I enjoy this wine every year and recommend you seek this out. I paid $22 at one shop and $20 at another. If you find a really good price and enjoy Zinfandel, you might want to think about buying a case. It will cellar well for at least a few years. I have several previous vintages in my cellar and they are drinking nicely.

Thanks for another terrific Zin, Seghesio! Raise a glass!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 PM

    I have heard great things about Seghesio, the 2002 in particular. I'm glad a much younger vintage got a favorable nod. I look forward to getting to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To which of the Rosenblum Zin's might you compare it as a point of reference?

    ReplyDelete
  3. not comparable to Rosenblum though I do love the Petite Sirah they make

    ReplyDelete