Thursday, February 08, 2024

Hubert Meyer Gewurztraminer 2021

 


Truly a beautifully golden hue with aromas floating across the space between me and the glass highlighted by ripe pineapple fragrance, cinnamon, 

Palate--First impression is tropical fruit salad, pears, sweet spices, a lively touch of *spritzig (sparkle) and a creamy mid-palate screaming for you to take another quaff!

This is an Alsatian wine from Alsace which is sandwiched between France, Germany and Switzerland. I would call this the signature grape of Alsace (pronounced All-Sahs) although Sylvaner is another grape of the Alsatian wine industry. 

This is SO ridiculously delicious I now regret not having bought a case! It was on sale for an absurd $6 when I would have given this wine rave reviews at 3 times the price. If you happen to be fortunate enough to find this in your neck of the woods, BUY it even at $18.  It is fabulous example of what the pure Gewurztraminer (which means spicy traminer) grape can be. 

I am pairing it with baked pork chops and sauerkraut and I think it will work superbly.  Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment