Friday, March 17, 2023

Ornelia Del Cripini Sparkling Apple 2022


Ornelia Del Cripini is my own home-made sparkling apple wine.  

I am hesitant to call something "wine" that is not made from grapes and I do not do "fruit wine" reviews. But THIS happens to be my own creation. After attempting to make Marechel Foch with my own home grown grapes over a decade with pathetic results (strictly a hobby) I abandoned my vineyard and switched to making apple wine because apples were abundantly available for free. 

As it turned out, it is actually a very fresh, bright, super fruity wine that tastes like--wait for it--APPLES!

I put it through a double fermentation to raise the alcohol content and then put it through a 3rd fermentation in the bottle patterned after the "Methode De Champenoise" method of the great Champagnes from Champagne France. 

This is strictly for private use and I reviewed it just for fun! I am raising a glass tonight pairing it with a salty "boiled dinner" for St. Patrick's Day! Happy St. Patty's Day to all you Irish out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment