Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Gettysburg Winery "Tears of Gettysburg" --150th Gettysburg Commerative-- wine review by (PB)

Gentle golden hue with bouquet of sweet grape reminding me of muscadine.

Palate--Big SWEET presence with a fair amount of acid to help the sweetness not be cloying, but barely. Grapey finish.

OK, where to begin? This wine is produced by Adams County Winery and is a blend of Niagara grapes. Do I review this as a wine or as a touristy, fun kind of beverage? As a "real" wine it is too sweet (of course that is a personal preference now isn't it?)although I will say it is one of the best Niagara's I have had but then that would be about three. Still, the wine does have enjoyable characteristics and I found myself not wanting to like it yet seemed to keep refilling my glass a little bit at a time.

As a souvenir, this is a marvelous memento of a vacation or trip or gift from a friend.

It has won many awards and some people will love this wine. Chill it down real good and on a hot summer day I could see it being fun with friends on the deck. And after getting raked over the coals after a review I did of a St Augustine, Fla winery, I will just say, that if you have made the trip to Gettysburg and wanted a keepsake, this would be a fine gift. So, if you are given to such things, raise a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment