Monday, February 18, 2013

A to Z Pinot Gris 2011 wine review by (PB)

Light straw hue with a big bouquet of all kinds of fruit; ripe honeydew melon, a touch of ripe apple all sitting on top of a foundation of a tropical fruit melange with floral notes.

Palate--Delicious full bodied white fruit all over the palate that is hyper-fruity with a different fruit everywhere you turn. The structure is a touch weak for my preference in the acid arena where I like my whites to cut my tongue but this is adequate. A strong green apple finish that has some length to it.


This Oregon Pinot Gris is crazy tasty and what is amusing is that I grabbed this wine in a hurry thinking it said "Pinot Noir." I paid $14 for it and I'm not disappointed that it wasn't the Pinot Noir after all. The great folks at the Wine Spectator gave this their "Best Value" rating and 88 points; absolutely!

Raise a glass to this tasty Pacific Northwest delight! I will be pairing it with homemade French Onion soup with loads of mozzarella baked on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment