Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Korbel "Extra Dry" sparkling wine review by (PB)


New Years Eve calls for bubbly and I am notoriously frugal when it comes to bubbly unlike "Billy" of this blog who is a Champagne nut.

I would just as soon pay for a well made low end sparkler that I enjoy rather than $30 or more for a nuanced sparkling wine that is nice but just too darned expensive.

I grabbed this for New Years Eve with my wife and I paid a whopping $10 for it.

Pale straw, with subdued aromas of melon and a hint of hazelnut.

Palate--Actually quite enjoyable with a crisp, fresh taste of very light fruit and again a touch of nuttiness.

For me, it accomplished what I hoped for; an all purpose accompaniment to whatever appetizers or snacks I might have. The sparkle is actually very good (which is important at any price point) and for the price this is a raise a glass sparkler; simple, shallow and quick but refreshing none-the-less so raise a glass and may your new year be your best ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment