Monday, January 14, 2013

Drops of Jupiter Red Blend 2011 wine review by (PB)


Nice dark hue with big dark berry fruit on the nose with baker's chocolate and a touch of gentle spice.

Palate--Gigantic berries with a sprig of cedar that wasn't there on my previous review a few months ago. This is well structured with silky texture, espresso or unsweetened chocolate with a touch of smoke on the finish.

When I reviewed this wine a while back (check my previous blog entry) I had paid around $8 for it and loved it believing it to be a Syrah based blend. After looking it up this it is a Petite Syrah based blend and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Zinfandel along for the ride.

This wine is ridiculous with big flavor and a fruit bomb forward presentation that should grab your attention from the start. This is just a juicy, big wine and for the price, I will be getting MORE. Raise a glass to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment