Saturday, March 06, 2010

Arns Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 1996 Wine Review (NW)

Tasting notes:

Aromas of black cherry on the nose wrapped in eucalyptus and oak

Full bodied on the palate

Relaxed finish with more black cherry, cedar, and vanilla


Relaxed and aging gracefully, this wine will evolve between sips while it's in the glass. While the flavor profiles I described in the tasting notes above might not sound like they work together, this wine is harmonious and well integrated. It will pair well with a variety of dishes.

I paid $30 for this bottle recently and I've seen it priced up to $70 on the internet. I'd love to get more at $30 but the inventory is long gone from the shop I found it in. You might be able to track it down or see it on a restaurant wine list. If so, raise a glass!


PB said...

Ahhh, we, will drink no wine before its time!

Wine said...

Nappa Valley wine, awesome flavor. I would drink napa wine over any other!