Saturday, February 06, 2010

Four Vines Old Vine Cuvee California 2007 wine review by (PB)


I love Zinfandel, have I mentioned that? No other grape and no other wine is All American. This bargain Zin was on special for under $10. It tends to run around $14. It is a black cherry/purple hue with a bouquet that is wonderfully Zin with spicy ripe blackberry with sweet "fruity olive" notes and a nice chocolate cherry cream highlight. Nice!

Palate--Rich presence of fruit galore, espresso bready notes, and loads of dark fruit with some oak and plenty of ZIP!

This is a hefty wine and will probably kill my gentle Gnocchi side with my pounded sirloin but, dinner is about wine and this is nice Zinfandel and a solid value. Raise a glass!

1 comment:

  1. this is my current go to "everyday" zin. for the price, you can't beat it. have you tried four vines' 2007 biker or maverick? they are a little more expensive (usually about $20), but extremely delicious.

    ReplyDelete