Friday, February 26, 2010

Cantina Zaccagnini Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva 2006 wine review by (PB)


I snagged this on a recent hunt in Boston for $16. It presents with a concentrated opaque blackish/garnet hue. It has a surprisingly grapey bouquet right at the front with something distinctive that eludes my identification. Subtle cherry with loads of ripe juicy blackberry and light pipe tobacco nuances that are really pleasant with a touch of powdered cocoa on the end.

Palate--Unique, presence of rich cherry fruit with a texture that approaches silky. Tannins are also mature with a smokey after taste. Wow. This is really nice.

The price range runs from $13 -$20 on line. I paid $16 for it and I would do it again in a minute so raise a glass of a distinctive treat!

I will be paring this with Italian Puttanesca later this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment