Monday, November 24, 2008

rosenblum Zinfandel "Cuvee Michelle" wine review by (PB)


I am a big fan of Rosenblum zins so when I saw this one in a store next to the ubiquitous "Vinter's Cuvee" I grabbed a clerk and asked how much? The led to a 20 minute hunt to figure out where the wine cam from as they had no record of it, and neither they, nor I had ever heard of it. It was determined that it was mispacked in with a case of the other zin mentioned so they gave it to me for the price of "Vinter's Cuvee." I grabbed two bottles at $10 each and thought I probably scored a "find."

Well, I was wrong! It is a lighter cherry red hue with raspberry and berry nose.
Palate is watery with fleeting flavors that are just so, so. My wife said thee was loads of charcoal and smoke. At any rate, this is a wine to be passed up! But don't let that discourage you from trying any one of the many Rosenblum single vineyard Zins. They're delisicious!

1 comment:

  1. do you know what year this wine is from? i cant find out anywhere. Thanks!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete