Saturday, March 09, 2024

Cave De Lugny Mâcon-Lugny "Les Charmes" Chardonnay 2021

 

Nice golden hue with big aromas of lemon, vanilla, baby powder, and a sweet fruit salad.

Palate--Tart first impression, with a slightly bitter mid palate, supporting loads of lemon and lip smacking acidity. Finishes with a subtle honey ending. 

I paid about *$10 for this Burgundy and it is quite the wine.  Acidity is a bit over the top for most palates but I happen to love razor edge acidity. I will  be pairing it with my wife's broccoli cheese soup! Raise a glass!

I just ate at a restaurant a couple days ago and this wine was on their limited menu. Restaurant price was $36 for a bottle; $10 for a glass. A restaurant gets 4, 5 ounce pours out of a bottle or 5, 4 ounce pours. Don't get me started on gouging at restaurants when it comes to their liquor sales. I am all for making a profit but 360% markup (bottle price) is gouging.  $50 for 5, four ounce glasses is, _________ you fill in the blank.


No comments:

Post a Comment