Thursday, May 19, 2022

Folie à Deux (Dry Creek Valley (Sonoma) 2017




Medium ruby hue with a horrid bouquet of wet cardboard, classic of a "corked" wine. So disappointing... 
I rarely run into corked wines but when you do, there's money down the drain...

Palate--underneath all the yucky bouquet is some decent fruit, bright red with loads of rich spices. It finishes however with more wet cardboard. 

Sonoma is my favorite AVA for Zins and Dry Creek Valley is a fave of my fave. Despite the crappy bouquet I am going to drink this with  my bacon and onion tart "pizza." With heating oil at over $6 a gal and gasoline at nearly $5 a gallon, I need something to take the edge off the evil being perpetrated against the world. Raise several glasses.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment