Monday, May 19, 2014

Domaine Virginie Thunevin 2009 wine review by (PB)

Significantly bricked hue with really enticing cherry/berry bouquet with sweet cigar box notes and daffodil blooms.

Palate--*Understated, subdued,a bit clunky with slightly bitter fruit, and a minerally finish.

I paid $12 marked down from $17 for this Grand Vin De Bordeaux. Quite surprising that this wine should be on its way out. Drink yesterday! I will be serving it with my slow braised, smoked pork hocks with a risotto bed of velvety goodness. *Paired with the dinner I mentioned this wine was extraordinary! A super value, and makes one appreciate the absolute stellar pairing quality of old world style. Not only did the wine come alive, but the meal as well. Ahhh WINE! Yes, Raise a glass!!!

This rainy, chilly, Maine day off will not get me down! I expect this to pair really well with my dish so I am saying Raise a Glass to this almost over-the-hill old world style!

No comments:

Post a Comment