Thursday, April 03, 2014

Lugana Cento Filari 2012 (Cesari) wine review by (PB)

Lightly golden presentation with aromas of big citrusy front, sweet floral orange blossoms with vanilla pudding and loads of summer fruit.

Palate--Fruity lemon and lime explosion with racy acidity and long finish of bright citrus compote with hints of vanilla.

This wine with the stellar name of Cesari on the label hails from the Veneto region (Cavion Veronese) specifically and is a nice palate cleansing fruit grenade that will complement my homemade ricotta ravioli with a rich buttery lobster cream sauce.

I paid $26 for this and all because of the Cesari name! I liked it for sure but when I spend that kind of money I want something special. This was Good, VERY good and enjoyable, but special? Not so much. I will pass only because of its price! I have had equally as good for $10 less.

No comments:

Post a Comment