Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bliss Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 wine review by (PB)

Purple to garnet hue with nice big bouquet full of blackberries and spice with a presence of stewed tomatoes.

*Palate--First impression was not what I expected. A bit tart with subdued fruit and a clunky lack of identity leaving a finish that is somewhat bitter. (*Frankly--rather plonky...)

*Caveat: I am fighting a chest cold and it may be that this is an utterly unfair review in light of an "off palate" due to seasonal viruses. I am leaving it posted so that others who have had this wine recently might confirm or debunk my assessment. Chime in please! And remember that one's palate may be tainted a day or two before a cold has even expressed symptoms. Probably better to give benefit of doubt.

Bundle up if you're in the northern climes as I am. T'was 19 below zero this morning and the day's high barely made it above zero. Raise a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment