Thursday, December 09, 2010

Georges DuBoeuf Morgon "Flower Label" Beaujolais Cru 2009 Wine Review (NW)


Tasting notes:

Beautiful plum, cherry, and chocolate on the nose

Light to medium bodied on the palate

Finishes with nice acidity and flavors of currants, cherry, and herbs

Summary:

I had heard that 2009 was a fantastic year in Beaujolais, and this is my first bottle from that vintage. This Morgon, which is the village designation, is a beautiful wine. Morgon wines are always my favorite Beaujolais Cru, and this is one of the best I've ever tasted. It has a nice fragrance and is juicy and youthful. I'm actually going to put a few bottles away for short term cellaring.

If you need to be reintroduced to Beaujolais after a bad experience in the past, grab a 2009. This one cost me $14. Just make sure you don't accidently grab a 2009 Nouveau. Nouveau is meant to be consumed immediately and the 2010 is already out.

By the way, this is another great food wine like the Crozes-Hermitage below. What I mean by that is a wine with good acidity and broad flavors that accompanies a variety of food really well. Happy Holidays and raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment