Monday, June 20, 2005

Chateau Le Bourdieu 2000 (PB)

This Cru Bourgeois is from the Medoc of the famed vintage of the century. It has a big aroma laden bouquet. It is tart in the mouth, closed, tight, with austere tannins. Not much flavor due to immaturity. This wine must be breathed and it will open I am confident.

With some time, it yields a bouquet laden with chocolate and keeps on giving with a little menthol. It is still fairly tight but loosening up. Berries are starting to come up with sweet fresh cherries in the bouquet now. Tannins are still heavy; this wine will age for years. It is a good quality old world wine with subtle nuances that will only get better with some time. I would hold this for another 2-3 years before drinking. It was $12. Buy another and hold it a couple years.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:30 PM

    Hi there " PB 7:38 PM " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:33 PM

    I had this wine on a cruise ship, and I really enjoyed it. The problem is that I can't find it anywhere. Do you have any idea where this wine is sold?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:53 PM

    Table & Vine
    North King St.
    Northampton, MA 01060

    One of their 1500 wines in stock.
    Volumn of their choices and volumn of sales= lower prices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great wine - very reliable quality. I have a 2001 now and it tastes good 5-6 years later. It is easy to find here. Do you think it is wise to pick up a few bottles and store them? How long can I age it for?

    ReplyDelete