Monday, April 06, 2009

La Vieille Ferme 2008 (white) wine review by (PB)


This name of wine has been a consistent super value wine every year since I have been reviewing it. Here is another super value. I paid $8 for it and at times you can find it for $6! This is from the Cotes Du Luberon and is a blend of Ugni Blanc, Grenache Blanc, Bourbelanc and Rousanne and emits a wonderfully ripe peary aroma that smells like fresh cut pears and sweet summer fruit like apricots. Really NICE.

Palate is NOT sweet but a wonderfully acidic off dry, fruity quaff that is just ridiculously refreshing.

This will cleanse the heaviest fat, butter, whatever right off your palate. A super value so raise a glass!

2 comments:

  1. This wine impressed the crap out of me! I did the wine list for a small cafe around the corner from my apartment in Boston (Cafe 47) and the owner wanted something she could pour by the glass for the least money possible. I got this wine and everyone LOVES it.

    For the price, it's pretty hard to beat. Thanks for writing about this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like thia vinery very much.
    Look, a put your blog in my blogrool, can we exchange links?

    Best Easter

    Paulo

    http//nossovinho.com

    ReplyDelete