Monday, February 20, 2006

Borgo Maragliano La Caliera Moscato D'Asti 2004 Wine Review (NW)

Pale golden color and nice, big bubbles
Very full nose of pear, melon, and honey
Soft and luxurious on the palate
Smooth finish

My wife and I have become big fans of Moscato D'Asti. We often eat in numerous small courses, and Moscato can takes its place at either the beginning or the end of the meal with appetizers or dessert. Moscato D'Asti is generally light, sweet, and bubbly- a terrific combination. It's low in alcohol content, typically 5 to 6%. And more and more, I think it's versatile beyond just dessert.

This Moscato is one of the best I've had. It has such a full bouquet and is very smooth on the palate, making it seem extra rich. I paid $12 at Table & Vine in Northhampton, MA, which is one of the best wine stores in the country if you're in the area. Raise a glass!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:30 PM

    I live in the Lowell, MA area...do you know where i can get this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:50 PM

    I live in South Carolina - any idea where I can order it to be shipped to me or purchase it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:32 PM

    Caution caution. While resting on the wine rack in my dining room a bottle of Borgo Maragliano MOSCATO D'ASTI LA CALIERA 05 imported by Ideal Wine & Spirits Inc. expelled its' cork and emptied its’ contents on my dining room table and rug. Unfortunately we were not home at the time so the expelled wine had more than sufficient time to ruin both furniture and wall-to-wall carpet. Inspection of the cork revealed that it was not secured with a metal basket! Clearly the preparation and/or bottling of this product were defective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get this at the Wine Society in Nashua, NH. It's very close to Lowell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:22 AM

    I'm in Los Angeles, where can I buy this? Can't find it online or in stores. The only site I found was in Italy and they charge $65 for shipping, which is 10x the price of the wine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where can I buy this great wine?
    I live in St. Petersburg, Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:38 AM

    I used to purchase it at a chain Best Cellars, then after years of not being able to locate it, unexpectedly I picked up 2 bottles last week at Whole Foods (Cambridge, MA). Sadly gave one as a hostess gift. Mmm La Caliera!

    4/22/2010

    ReplyDelete